Saturday, February 23, 2008

Global Warming or Nuclear Apocalypse? Why Not Both?!


Nuclear Apocalypse or Global Warming? Why not Both?!


An article in the Guardian says that global warming is so bad that in just over 10 years we're going to have massive flooding, incredible droughts, and so much upheaval that the world is going to turn to nuclear weapons. Oh, and England's going to be in a Siberian climate. This is all from a supposed secret report given to the president from the Pentagon. The Guardian claims to have this report in their possession.

I'm wondering if this was a worst, worst, worst case scenario that the Pentagon is trying to be ready for? What % of probability is required before the Pentagon writes a report and tries to setup a system minimizing the risk to the U.S.? I'm hoping it is a vanishingly small %, and this report is proven quite wrong.

Should things like this start to come to pass, I will be the first person to say that I was wrong. No, wait, I'll just blame it on Bush. I'll say he lied to me so that I can complain like a child proven wrong but not able to admit his/her mistake. This way I can maintain my impeccable sense of moral superiority.

No comments: